Saturday, May 18, 2013

Lost Friend

I just lost my best friend
I will never forget him
He was always there for me
But now he is gone
I don't know what to do,
I miss him so.
I don't know how I'm going to go on living
I lay here on my bed crying,
Wishing he were here,
But he's not and he's not coming back

But I will never forget the day
I lost my best friend
I had just seen him the day before
Then I wake up to find that he is no more
That he is now watching over me
I ask God, "Why, why did you take him?"
He answers me, "You didn't love him, he's still with you everywhere you go."
But I say its not the same,
He can't pick me up when I fall,
Or wipe my tears when I cry
So its not the same
I try to stop
Reminiscing over memories past
But I just can't....
Not when I just lost my best friend.


I wrote this about 9 years ago when my grandpa died.

No comments:

Post a Comment